Thread: Support App association issues
View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
sikclown

Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichg1000 View Post
YouTube links in FB or text messages etc do not open in the YouTube app, they go to the browser.

I went into the settings and cleared the default for all these items. Went back into FB and clicked the link, no it prompts me to pick which app to open link with, and they were all three browser choices, no youtube app choice.

Frustrating - does anyone know a fix?
I am not sure why that is happening in your Text Messages.When I click on a youtube url sent to me via Text (I am using the Stock Messaging App FYI) a window opens asking we to choose the App I want to open it with. At first glance it downs't like like the YouTube App is a choice but if you swipe up there are more choices. That window only shows 4 lines of Apps at a time. The same thing happens when I try and click a YouTube link on the FB app. At first it asks me to choose a web browser but then (after I have chosen the Stock Browser) it brings up another App selection window and I can swipe up and choose the YouTube App. I have had the behavior you are speaking of but generally only when the link is m.youtube.com vs YouTube.