View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
jejb

Device(s): Samsung S4, HTC Evo 4G LTE, Samsung S3, Several older Android and WinMo phones
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranimals View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Mr. Ed][/B]but reviews everywhere are tearing the s4 apart
That doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence, but I figure it should at least be better than the S3 which is a good phone I hear, but the S4 should be better.
The only reviews I've seen ripping the S4 were mostly down on the packaging, not the package. Seems the non-techie in the press are more impressed with an alum case than what is in it. The places that have real techies on board are giving the S4 great reviews. I've read pretty much every review out there and if you filter out the "we don't like plastic" crowd, the reviews are very good overall.

As an iteration, I think it's a great step up for a lot of folks. But I also think that the hardware is starting to mature pretty rapidly, like home computers have been for years. It's getting harder and harder to get that "wow" factor in a new smartphone, IMO.

And back to the subject of the thread, our local Sprint stores and BB got their retail Sprint S4's in mid-day on Saturday.
Last edited by jejb; April 29th, 2013 at 11:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jejb For This Useful Post:
Mr. Ed (May 1st, 2013)