Thread: Support MMS/SMS messaging issues
View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #43 (permalink)
sikclown

Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase-HFD View Post
I see these threads got merged..I had posted a reply but it looks like it didn't go through.

Yes we are in the same settings w/ the different options due to carriers. I originally wanted to blame T-Mobile, but that wouldn't explain my wifes Nexus 4 on the same carrier is able to get the higher res pictures and my HTC One is getting lower quality. I'm currently using the stock SMS but I've tried Handcent, Go SMS, and Chomp.
Well the Nexus 4 uses stock Android while the One uses Sense (I know you know both of these things). When HTC finalizes their ROMS they are then sent to the carriers labs so they go do their modifications and customizations (which is why updates seem to take to long). So either Sprint increased their size to 2M or T-Mobile reduced theirs. With the Nexus 4 everything stays stock so the Carriers don't get to change anything (not 100% positive in that though). Having said that, HTC has a habit of over compression when sending MMS, I just haven't noticed it on my received pictures at all.