Thread: Support Help going from iOS to SGS4
View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Beards

Device(s): Current: SGS4, SGS3, SGN 10.1, iPad4 64GB. Retired: SGN, SGS2, SGS, SGT7", Asus TF201, TF1
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougrad1 View Post
I'm in the same boat. My iPhone 5 was a rock and battery life was great even if I used it heavily for me. This Gs4 is definitely more fun but I worry I will need to constantly be mindful of battery life, which I never ever had to pay attention with the iPhone. We will see, I guess.
It's all part of the swings and roundabouts between Android & Apple devices.
Where you found your iPhone gave a great battery life it was done so at the expense of Apple locking iOS that tight in order to not allow any App to interfere with the OS.
Locking the system down as iOS does takes away any personalisation like utility apps, widgets, file browser, Bluetooth file transfer, etc. etc.
Android on the other hand allows you the choice to be as free and easy with the OS as you like, at the expense of battery life.