View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #120 (permalink)
sikclown

Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by emf1138 View Post
Apologies if this has been covered ad nauseum:

Is there an easy way to move contacts stored on the phone over to google? And JUST use google for contacts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
yes,

whatever your primary gmail address is, that is the address that your contacts, apps, tasks, calendar entries will be synced to. that is the beauty of google.

so if you have an old android mobile and you are moving to the ONE, after you sign in on the ONE with your old android gmail address you used, that data will be sent to the ONE.
I could be wrong but I think they mean that they already have all their contacts on the Phone (I.e local storage called Phone) but want to move them to Google. @emf1138 if you open the people app and click on settings bar and then Manage Contacts, you Have multiple choices such as Copy Contacts and Import/Export Contacts. I would try Copy Contacts. You can choose Phone and then Copy to Google. After you do this you may have to delete the Phone contacts or run De-Duplicate. You may also be able to Use Import from Phone Storage to Google.
The Following User Says Thank You to sikclown For This Useful Post:
emf1138 (April 30th, 2013)