View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2013, 06:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
rscarawa
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Nexus S
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanicbobby View Post
I'll take a stab at this although I'm not that familiar with Sense. From the Dialer screen (AKA Keypad) tap on the settings soft key, tap on Call settings, then uncheck Turn off screen during calls. Also while your in call settings tap on Answering/ending calls, then make sure the box for The power key ends calls is unchecked.

Well, I would think that would do it but I do not see a button like that.

When I open the dial pad, I have a button that is ... That is the closest thing I have to a settings button. Inside that, there is a 'Settings' option. In side that, I see no Call Settings option. Closest thing is CDMA Call Settings. It seems this would be the logical place to put that option though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
well that changes the game a bit... major piece of info..

still, I can turn the phone screen OFF during a call and then press the power button and the phone comes immediately back up from standby. i enter my code and boom! back in.

not really sure why your model does not resume from a power button on call from being in a sleep mode. perhaps the wired headset was the culprit? maybe try a different wired headset and test again. I have read a few posts from users of this model phone having issues with wired headsets...

are they BEATS headsets by any chance?

I was using the headset that came with it. Just not sure how to lookup contacts while on a call if the screen goes dark on the headset.
Last edited by marctronixx; May 1st, 2013 at 10:29 AM.