View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
hey Vectron,(I mean "twister"), I dont know if you mentioned anywhere, what is the smudge factor with this protector?
do fingerprints/face smears/smudges show up everytime you touch it?
having to wipe it off several times a day would be a PITA..

Thanks!
Yeah, yeah, been "twister" all my life until that mistake of registering on XDA as "vectron" just to PM someone with a question without thinking I will come back a year later to start posting like crazy in two different forums under two different names, except on AF I get a respect of my summary post "sticky" Not everybody have the same forum name and memorable avatar, wase

So you asked me a question, and I'm sitting now at work wiping my phone screen across my face to see how bad it gets. People here already think I'm nuts showcasing every week a new case or a new accessory, now I think they will put me in a straitjacket

But anyway, just like with any glass you will get fingerprints or oil marks, but its far less than with a regular PET screen protector. What sets this apart is how easy it wipes off without even a need for a cleaning cloth. It's part of oleophobic nature of this glass. With screen protectors oil/fingerprints just get smudged around because that craps bonds to the plastic. With this glass as you swipe it - it bonds to your finger. I mean, there are some extreme cases when my 5 year old grabs the phone and I have to use a cleaning cloth, but in everyday use if/when I see smudges on the screen I just swipe my finger and its GONE! Oh, and swiping the finger on this glass is probably smoother than original Note 2 screen glass. Also, its amazing of how strong this glass it. Now since I'm using Zerolemon with their TPU case, my Vitreo is on the same level as lip of that tpu case. So putting the screen down on a surface often means direct contact with tempered glass, and I'm very pleased of how strong and scratch proof this screen protector has been!

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Last edited by twister6; May 2nd, 2013 at 01:36 PM.