View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Samcanadian

Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpanicbobby View Post
It appears after reading the manual that all app settings are handled through the notification panel So in order to get to call settings you should click on the phone icon from the home screen, Slide the notification panel open then tap on the icon that looks like a cog/gear. That should get you into call settings. Can anyone verify this for me?

I just finished a conversation with one of my co-workers who is a long time HTC phone user. His current phone runs Sense UI version 3.6 and while he is making calls with his included headset the screen does not turn off and the power button does not terminate a call. After I explained what was happening with rscarawa's phone he advised that what he should do is press the home button when the screen goes off which will return him to the home screen where he can look up other things while still in the call. The Sense UI does not allow you to shut off the proximity sensor or stop the power button from turning off calls.

Once before I said I'd have to stop trying to help HTC users with their Android problems. Now after having a long talk with an HTC user I have to admit that there is really, really nothing I can do to help you folks. I always thought that Android was Android and what works on one phone with the the same OS would work for them all. Now I know for sure that HTC in all its wisdom has decided to run things their own way.
Don't panic, bobby.

Very simple solution, Ladies and Gentlemen.

Settings (The icon that looks like a Gear in your app drawer, or the gear to the top right of your screen after you pull down the status bar) -> Accessibility -> Uncheck "Power Button Ends Call"

When your phone goes to sleep during a call, you can now use the Power button to bring it back.

Literally just did this. Called my HTC One from my office line, picked up the call with my cell and then hit the power button multiple times to put it to sleep AND to bring it out of sleep without ever losing the call.
Last edited by Samcanadian; May 2nd, 2013 at 04:03 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samcanadian For This Useful Post:
Abird! (May 2nd, 2013), brevebebe (August 31st, 2013), KOLIO (May 2nd, 2013), marctronixx (May 2nd, 2013), rscarawa (May 2nd, 2013), TJude (September 19th, 2013)