View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2013, 06:03 PM   #24 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyer View Post
Don't you think it would have been better to have the glass cover the entire front of the phone (besides the speaker grill)? I remember watching a video review of a glass SP for the Galaxy Nexus that covered the entire front of the phone, like a second layer, edge to edge.

Here it is...

It looks like the Seidio SP has beveled edges, which is cool, but to me it'd make more sense to go edge to edge.
The problem is that Note 2 screen is curved toward the edge. When you have a flexible plastic screen protector it will bend and stick to the surface. But when you are dealing with a thick piece of tempered glass, it will not bend at the edges and will not stick in there. That is a main complain with MIME and other tempered glass manufacturers. Seidio did their homework and found that cutout to be the most optimal shape for all edges to stick properly. As a matter of fact, I recently heard MIME had to redesign their glass and will be coming out with a new version.

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~