View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:48 AM   #154 (permalink)
EarlyMon
The PearlyMon

Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 54,833 Times in 21,869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
I have never understood WHY someone needs to carry around that much media with them. Maybe I just don't have enough free time to consume that much media on the go.
If you get a chance, have someone demo a JBL Flip for you, that's a very fine bluetooth speaker. (Although with Boomsound you're already ahead of the game.)

It's not difficult now for someone to get a stereo speaker like that, an MHL adapter and cabling and extend a phone into a nice miniature entertainment system. For $100, not too shabby.

Another case is for international travel. One of my more common trips will always take 26.5 hours from my door to the hotel, regardless of route. Years back, I carried DVDs and had to be concerned about my laptop in-flight or waiting. If you'd have told me ten years ago that one day my phone would have a large hd display and enough storage to carry lots of movies and music, with a multicore processor to ensure performance and longer battery life than my laptop at the time, I'd have looked at you like you were from Mars.

I think that the answer to your question is probably a combination of convenience and that everyone's mileage varies.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Links: Site Rules / Guidelines -and- Zero Tolerance Policy (All Members Read)

For right-on help, the Thanks button is on the right of the post.
For anything out in left field, the /!\ report button is to the left.

Remember, it's our forums and we're all in this together - so let's keep it cool!

Shoot the breeze at the best new gun forum!
Last edited by EarlyMon; May 3rd, 2013 at 11:33 AM.