View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2013, 11:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Atma
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S2; Nexus 10
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 2,901 Times in 1,850 Posts
Default [HOW TO] Install a ROM

Now that you're rooted and made a backup .. you did make a backup right? .. you can try installing some roms. First, check the All Things Root Guide to see some of the roms available. Download one you like and put it on your sd card. I'm currently using DarthStalker and like it a lot.

Now boot into TWRP recovery. If you haven't made a backup before, do it now. It could save your life! Now, tap the wipe button. (Please excuse my crappy pics. )

Now you will see the wipe menu. Select Advanced Wipe.

Now select the first 4 options. Dalvik, System, Data & Cache. Then swipe to carry out wiping your choices.

Now back at the main wipe screen, swipe to factory reset. You have essentially already done this but I just like the extra step and it only takes a few seconds.

Now go back to the main menu and tap install. Navigate to where you put the rom zip file and select it. Also notice at the top of the menu you can select internal or external storage. After selecting the file, on the next screen 'swipe to confirm flash'.

After the rom is installed, you will see an option to wipe cache/dalvik. Select that and reboot your phone when it is finished.

The first boot may take several minutes. When it boots and gets to the first screen, just let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Then reboot and enjoy your new rom.
Last edited by Atma; May 28th, 2013 at 01:10 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atma For This Useful Post:
jtw1216 (September 23rd, 2013), r0b458 (June 6th, 2013)