View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2013, 08:22 AM   #38 (permalink)
dfran1

Device(s): Samy Galaxy Note II,Note 10.1,siii 32gig, had-MotoXoom1,iPhone 4s,4,droidX,Droid 1
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhugzug View Post
It goes through a bootloader with options for install reboot settings etc. But when I minimize it shows it failed. Tryed 5 times. Rebooted. Help? ???
Try and do this first, back up what you can or you will loose everything, of course google should have your contacts but make sure (it will be like a brand new phone out of the store with nothing on). Or just hold volume and home and then hold power till you get to the wipe and wipe everything , then don't reload a lot just minimum and wipe it again after the update, then reload, best of luck.

I'm sure if someone has some better or 1st idea to try they will post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
Yeah, we all use our devices differently.. one quirk of mine is to clear everything once I find out an update is available. I'll do the data and cache clearing on stock apps, remove all 3rd party apps (yep, uninstall, then reinstall after a cache partition wipe and the OTA is done).

Never had an issue once that little regimen was adopted.

It should not be necessary, in a perfect world. But it's worked for me and I advise it when the subject comes up: See an update available? Clean house first and again when it's done.
Last edited by dfran1; May 4th, 2013 at 08:27 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dfran1 For This Useful Post:
karma2burn (May 4th, 2013)