Thread: Support Wi-Fi issue
View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
EarlyMon
The PearlyMon

Device(s): LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 54,831 Times in 21,867 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reilus View Post
I have two S4s. One works fine on wifi; the other does not. It connects for a time and then it keeps uploading (green arrow lights up) but does not download (orange arrow does not light up) and nothing happens. All downloads stop, all syncs stop, and I get a "cannot connect to server" message in certain applications. Is there any way to fix this or do I need to swap out the handset? =(

------edit-------------
I've tried the following:

Rebooting the phone several times
Restarting the router
Changing from DHCP to Static IP
Turning off the new open network notification
Clearing data from Google Play store
Disabled wifi power save with *#0011#

The wifi will work for a short while and then it won't work. It was working fine before. What should I do?
It's possible that your router has some hosed addressing tables - if it has a reset button, not a bad idea to try that.

I've seen issues like this where one handset is singled out a network - doesn't matter make or model, or even Android or iDevice.

Also, a good idea (on your working phone) to download and try Wifi Analyzer, it's free. If you're sharing a channel with a neighbor, it will show that and you can correct that at your router, the problem could be radio collisions.

And for best results, never use the default router name. I've been in neighborhoods where I've seen 5 different routers from 5 different homes all sharing the same channel and network name. Those people are all getting lousy network service without knowing why.

If it's not that, then it's your phone.
Last edited by EarlyMon; May 8th, 2013 at 10:49 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EarlyMon For This Useful Post:
IOWA (August 8th, 2013), Rxpert83 (May 4th, 2013)