Mine has a .0055 gap by the charge port and the plastic appears to be warped outwards. I e-mailed HTC about this and received this reply.
"Dear Jesse Anderson,
Thank you for contacting HTC Technical Support in regards to the issue you are having with your device.
Jesse, I would like to apologize for this inconvenience you are going through with your order and that this will not detract from your overall use and enjoyment of the phone. Our goal is to provide you with top of the line devices as well as a spectacular HTC experience.
In regards to the “Zero gap construction”, is referring to our refined back cover design and you could see the in-depth design concept in our YouTube channel, “Behind the breakthrough --Building the HTC One.” (Behind the breakthrough -- Building the HTC One. - YouTube
). Please keep in mind that the front speaker grills are cosmetic and not part of the “zero gap construction.” And that the hairline gaps between speaker grill and frame have no impact to performance.
In regards to the softkeys of your device not working properly, please follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue:
• Slide the Notification panel open
• Tap Settings
• Tap Languages and keyboard
• Tap HTC Sense Input
• Tap Advanced
• Then tap Calibration tool
• Since dust, metal and moisture on the screen will impact the touch function; clean the surface of the screen to make sure you get the correct response from the Touch Screen.
• To exclude the possibility of conflicts from 3rd party applications, try restarting your phone by pressing and holding the "Power" button, choose "Restart" in the Pone options pop up window.
• The protection film might impact the sensitivity of the virtual keys. Touch the virtual key with finger on "Home or Back icon directly.
Please keep in mind that we have already started developing a sensitivity improvement for this issue."
So they are basically sticking up their middle finger to any of us with that issue. Also, after taking the case off for the first time I noticed a small dent in the back, there is virtually no way I could have put it there because my phone went from the box, to my bed, and right into a dual layer case. The issue I have is, aside from these cosmetic issues (and the macro function on the camera being worthless) the phone has been rock solid, if I send this one back and get one with another problem, I may not be able to exchange it before my 14 days are up. I'm kinda between a rock and a hard place here.