View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

SURFACE is their slimmest design, one piece hard plastic with a nice grip and a kickstand. ACTIVE adds more drop protection with shock absorbing inner soft silicone layer and outer plastic exoskeleton layer to hold silicone in place and to provide extra corner protection, while offering kickstand as well. CONVERT is built on a same principle as ACTIVE with inner shock absorbing soft silicone and outer plastic exoskeleton but the difference is that you can't put in on a naked phone and rather it's designed to go over SURFACE (or BB Platinum). CONVERT also designed with a inner layer cutout for kickstand from SURFACE to come through the opening.

Pretty much they all have different functionality, suited for different needs. I'm probably going to get S4 ACTIVE and CONVERT as well to demonstrate how it works with S4. If you want, you can visit my main review LIST link below to see these cases for N2. In general, its a mature design which has been re-scaled for different phones. You gotta see it with a lot of companies where once they come up with a new design, it works, and popular in sales, they keep making the same for other phones since you already have a customer base.

With holster facing outwards, it's typical for Defender case to make it reversible because they don't have a kickstand and the belt latch becomes it's kickstand. But that holster is ugly and bulky. With Seidio holster and it's spring loaded mechanism, you can fit a lot of different cases. Pretty much most of the big rugged cases will fit into CONVERT holster, while any slimmer or TPU case will work with ACTIVE holster. As I'm going to receive more cases for S4 reviews, I will test each one with corresponding Seidio holster and include fitment pictures.

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~