View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #278 (permalink)
KOLIO
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE/AT&T

Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,417 Posts
Default HTC ONE SMOKE TPU Case

Took delivery of this today*:

Hyperion HTC One TPU Case Matte Smoke - Hyperion Electronics Accessories

This case is a slam-dunk winner.Low profile + an excellent fit,w/a very slight texture on the back,yet,still translucent,even w/the smoke coloring.Available in other colors as well.

Also comes w/a screen protector,sized to fit properly when paired w/the case,to avoid edge peeling & consequent bubbling,etc....

For $9.99,hard to beat for quality & overall value.

Here's a video I found on YOU-TUBE to get a better idea of what to expect.There is a mention of a slight cosmetic flaw in the case,which you'd be hard-pressed to find if not mentioned.
However,on my case the flaw is NOT present,as the flaw in the molding process was apparently addressed after the video was made**:

Review of the Hyperion TPU case for the HTC One - YouTube

This one is from DIZTRONIC,but,gives a great representation of the coloring of the one I got from HYPERION.

Diztronic TPU Case Review for HTC One Review (Gray) - YouTube

The hint on installation from this video may seem like a no-brainer,but,it does make a difference in fit.
I actually found that inserting the top side of the phone first,then bottom,to be followed by the sides,makes for the best fit,w/no pulling around the cut-outs that one typically finds w/TPU cases.

*Five days total from order date,direct from HYPERION,to delivery,free via USPS option.EXCELLENT!

** Upon further review,there is a SMALL remnant of the molding process.I say remnant (call it a BIRTHMARK,if you will) & NOT a defect, because it's either a result of an ejector pin/lifter,to facilitate removal of the case from the mold,or,what is called a gate/runner,where the plastic enters the mold.

Could it be avoided?YES,but,no doubt tooling/manufacturing costs were considered in the risk/reward of a better design to eliminate all cosmetic imperfections,resulting in a vastly more expensive product.

The location of this small mark (see video #1) is in such a place that one won't notice during use,less the most extreme perfectionists, & in no way detracts from the functionality of the case.

For those that favor a TPU case,I stand behind my original statement & consider this case + screen protector a SLAM-DUNK!
Last edited by KOLIO; May 6th, 2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: **Comments On Manufacturing Process
The Following User Says Thank You to KOLIO For This Useful Post:
gonowhere (May 7th, 2013)