Thread: Support White Screen Flickering
View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
johnny_fever
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default White Screen Flickering

Hi,

Well this is odd as I can't find the original thread on this site pertaining to my subject line. I was at the local ATT Store here in Seattle earlier today and we did find a thread on this subject. Now, however, I can't find it so please excuse if this is a second post on the matter.

In short, my new HTC One phone kicks a fair amount of butt but what does not kick butt is the fact that when I am viewing a .PDF with an all white background or using a browser and the web page background is all white or if I am reading a Word .DOC the screen will kind of shimmer and shake.

I took it into the local shop and they turned off auto brightness, which helped a tad, and then they suggested I turn of power save mode. The later helped the most but what bums me out is this new, otherwise awesome phone, has to run in non powersave mode so I can not see this shimmering affect.

From what I read earlier others are experiencing this issue. Please chime in with what you have experienced and hopefully the good folks at HTC can issue a patch soon to address this.

Thanks,

Johnny Fever.