View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2013, 08:17 AM   #19 (permalink)
natashaleslie

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note LTE, HTC One X LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Sad S4 Overheating & Battery Drain

So I've noticed like, some weird significant change in my s4 (the snapdragon version). The first full day i used it I got significant battery out of it, as in i went my whole work shift playing with the phone/texting/using facebook (the latter two being the only things i ever really do), and ended my shift with a whopping 65% battery which is great to me as my original Note was usually done before the end of my shifts.

Since then i've noticed it majorly overheating (which is apparently an issue with others' s4's as well?) while just going through it sometimes, but significantly while it's plugged in and charging.

anyway, since that first day, i have now noticed the battery draining like 5-10% every hour even if i'm not using it. i've disabled absolutely every unnecessary app i could (including s voice), always have my brightness on the absolute lowest, and always have power saving on. like i'm looking at my battery usage now and i've been 58 mins on battery since the last charge to 100% and i'm down to 83%. all i've done is scroll through the app manager list a couple times to see if i missed anything else worth disabling.

what gives?