View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2013, 08:02 AM   #215 (permalink)
ifb-online

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 8 GT-N5110 tablet Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 (International) (now used by my
Carrier: Three UK

And by the way, Nokia Lumias are not perfect either, my daughters's original Lumia 800 literally started to fall to bits - the flimsy flap for the USB port broke off after a few months, then the sim card holder started popping out without warning. It was replaced by a Lumia 900 but after just two weeks the touch screen started becoming erratic - a problem I later discovered is quite common with this model. Finally, she has the 820 and, so far that is working normally and she is pleased with it. I am currently testing a 920 as part of my work as a photography journalist because Nokia is marketing the 920 as a photographer's phone. It's just a shame the amazing camera in the Symbian-based Nokia 808 PureView has not been implemented in a Lumia phone.

I am happy that my daughter likes her 820, although she is frustrated by the lack of apps that are available on Android and iOS. This alone would be my reason for not owning a Windows phone, but also because the Swype keyboard is not available for it, there is no large screen Windows 'phablet' like the Note, and as I said before the restricted nature of the Windows phone platform is just not for me. There is nothing remotely like a Note in the Windows phone repertoire.