View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #252 (permalink)
colonel

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I have been looking for a phone to upgrade from my iPhone 5 for sometime.

I missed the screen size and resolution of my old Galaxy Siii and although the iPhone is very nice there are a number of frustrations. For example having to go home button-next screen-settings-WiFi-off/on just to toggle WiFi is ridiculous, or to not have any browser choices with flash, etc. etc.*

Studying the market it seems it's between the One and the S4. The Sony Z has a few unique features but is not attractive. Other phones like the Motorola HD are nice but not really comparable on features. Once you have seen a 1920 screen you can't really go back.
On paper the S4 has a slight advantage although I applaud HTC for trying to end the pointless pixel war. As a amateur photographer I can say that all mobile phone cameras are cr@p so why have bigger files which just waste space ?*

However once the phones are in your hand it's another story. The One is just beautiful. It it a phone you really want to just pickup.

I went to buy a S4 and came out with a One, for pretty much the same price.
The S4 is not only plastic fantastic but the design is still stuck in the iPhone 3 groove which Samsung originally copied.
The S4 is a great phone, but for me the One is almost perfect. The screen size and weight, the design, the georgeous screen, the software, the speed.

Sure, nothing is perfect, the One get a bit warm in use, it would be nice to have a SD card slot, a polishing cloth would be nice in the box etc. but this really feels like sniping.

It's difficult to know where phones go from here. Apart from 1tb of flash storage and a 5000mah battery I can't think of anything. I don't need more size, resolution or speed really. I suppose a display port or HDMI would be good with a keyboard and mouse in the box to use as a computer, I mean this is more powerful then most peoples PCs and Macs right ?

I take my hat off to HTC and wish them speedy restoration of their former glory!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to colonel For This Useful Post:
clsA (May 8th, 2013), Hadron (May 8th, 2013), KOLIO (May 8th, 2013), marctronixx (May 8th, 2013)