Thread: General Buy now, or wait for GS4?
View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 530
Device(s): Galaxy S4/32-i337-mk2, iPhone5/32-iOS7
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 45
Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts

Originally Posted by charlie310 View Post
Well, at least I narrowed my choice down to the Note 2 & the GS4. If they were both available now, I'd get the GS4. But since stupid Verizon won't release the GS4 until the end of the month, the question is should I wait for it. I'm sick of using my dookie Droid Bionic, and it has been the worst phone purchase ever. The Note 2 looks really awesome, but it's already over 6 months old. Might as well wait for the GS4. It's only 23 days.
Those were my choices a few weeks ago. The GS4 was still not out yet when we changed carriers so I went with the N2. Lovely device. However, I neglected to consider the additional bulk and weight of a case (OB Defender, initially, and later the Seidio Active). The OB made an already large phone just too much for my daily driver. Even the much more sleek Seidio barely made it workable for me.

Just a data point. But look long and hard at the form factor if you even think that might be a consideration.

I actually had 4 cases for the GN2. Still have one that got here too late to try before I swapped if for the GS4.

The GN2 is a beautiful device. Depending on your needs, you may find one to work better than the other. I just found the GS4 to be a better match for my use and no regrets here over the swap. YMMV.
speedlever is online now  
Reply With Quote