View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #185 (permalink)
PilotBob

Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: t-mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mello_Asian View Post
I have a question about the batteries. So I've heard reviews of how good the batter is for the One, and how it lasts people a day and even a bit more but I'm not sure if it's just my phone.

Basically, I charge my phone overnight. When I wake up at 6:00, its fully charged. Throughout school, however, I notice the battery percent lowering after every period of time. By the end of school, which is around 2:30, it would have around 50ish% (yesterday) to 25% (today) left and I don't even use it that heavily. The reason for the 25% today is because I've been using Snapchat during classes, but the battery percentage being that low after school contradicts what other reviews are saying about the One's battery life, which can supposedly take heavy usage and last a day.

Is there something wrong with my device, or is this normal for everyone else?
Battery life really depends on many things. If you are at the edge of reception (week signal) the phone uses much more battery trying to stay connected cause it keeps looking for a better signal. Also, is your WiFi and Bluetooth on when they are not connected to anything? If so, they can use batter too.. you may want to toggle them of during the day.

Also, the more services you run that are syncing, like, twitter, facebook, news, etc, the more battery it will use. Also, the brighter you keep your screen the more batter is used. Set you screen dim time to dim quickly so it isn't on very long when you stop using it.

I assume snapchat uses data and not SMS?

I highly recommend Juice Defender... it will manage turning your data off and turning it on every 15 minutes to allow for sync. But, if you need up to the second chat notices, then you probably won't like that.

BOb