Thread: Accessory Galaxy S4 Cases and covers!
View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #120 (permalink)
bls

Device(s): Samsung S4, Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2478 View Post
I see the Neo Hybrid also uses primarily TPU with the hard plastic surrounding the edges. Would be interested what people think of the finish of the TPU, i.e. is it tacky and does it attract dust/lint?
The back of the Neo Hybrid is actually fairly slippery to the touch, not tacky at all. After a week of pocketing the phone with this case, no lint, no scratches, no fingerprints. Actually nothing on the Neo Hybrid collects detritus at all.

It's the rigid shiny plastic band around the edge of the case that provides the grip on the Neo Hybrid. I was surprised, the grip I get with that plastic band is actually better than the soft-rubbery feel of either Seidio's Active of Surface cases -- and I was predisposed to prefer Seidio since that's what I used for a rugged case on my last phone. (I suspect the Seidio Active's bulky neoprene skin might protect the phone better than the Spigen Neo Hybrid but I'm not about to test that theory!)

I ordered the Spigen SlimArmor as well (on backorder at the moment). If the great grip that I get with the Neo Hybrid band is the same as the grip all around the SlimArmor case, I suspect that will win out.
The Following User Says Thank You to bls For This Useful Post:
bobby2478 (May 10th, 2013)