View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
PilotBob
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Nexus 4
Carrier: t-mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadron View Post
I don't offhand know where there's a side-by-side comparison, but on most hardware specs the One wins: higher screen resolution, more storage (but see below), more powerful cpu, and IMO better camera. But as you say, the Nexus is already stock and much cheaper.

There was a rumour recently that a 32GB, officially LTE-enabled N4 might be announced at Google IO. As that's only next week, you might want to wait to see whether that's true before pulling the trigger on the Nexus. If it does turn out to be true, even if you decide the 16GB is enough it would probably drop in price (as happened when the N7 went from 8 or 16 to 16 or 32).

Edit: as this is slightly off topic, feel free to move to an appropriate thread if you like
Thanks for the help. I did find a side by side and the specs weren't that much different... at least not $200 better in my mind.

I got impulsive (after being bummed that the HTC One unlocked didn't have the 1700 stuff, not sure why) and canceled my HTC One order (which was pushed to 5/23 backorder again) and ordered a Nexus 4. I do have 15 days to return it... so if something better is announced I can always cancel/return it.

Also, I won't have to worry about returning my old phone, and can give it to a friend or perhaps send it to one of the ROM devs since they have provided so much help.

BOb