View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2013, 05:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Kie

Device(s): SGS4, HP Touchpad
Carrier: Virgin Australia

Send a message via Skype™ to Kie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sntaylor View Post
Nfc isn't working!
I cannot envisage a time when I'll ever use it. In fact, I turned it off as soon as I got my phone

Okay so I flashed CWM, worked no probs. There's no CWM app installed so I rebooted to it the old fashioned way; Volume Up + Home + Power.

Then I did a factory reset. Took a looooooong time, much longer than for the S2. So don't worry if it hangs on Formatting /cache cause it eventually works. Had some "unable to read boot recovery" issue or something but probably because I didn't do a backup; I backed up using titanium instead. Formatted system, took a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. It's important to follow the instructions, particularly if you're coming from S2 or similar, because the method is slightly different and fails if you drift from it (e.g. formatting system specifically, which isn't done in factory reset).

Installed CM 10.1 from sd card. There's an extra folder called "0" you have to go into before you get to your sd card directory. Installed fine (took a while again) and booted eventually!

CWM Recovery is still unstable and randomly rebooted twice on me, so just had to go into recovery again when it happened.

Verdict: Ugh...would not recommend. Obviously it removes all of Samsung's features; which is bad if you actually use some of them. It makes the infrared useless...and it's way too stock for my liking. Also I'm not sure if it was the System or Factory Reset, but all my photos got deleted >=/ Never had to back them up before...

Back to Omega ROM for me!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kie For This Useful Post:
sntaylor (May 11th, 2013)