View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #255 (permalink)
BzB

Device(s): Galaxy S4
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
The most asinine thing is you would think Google would be PUSHING both makers and carriers to offer larger storage options and sd slots. The Google market is a giant shopping mall, but the Samsung S4 16G and other devices like it create a small parking lot.
how so? i showed earlier that you could load 40 of the top paid apps in the playstore (30 of the top paid general apps, 10 of the top paid games) and still have room for a few hundred more apps. the large majority of smartphone users could get 200+ paid apps on the 16gb (9gb) s4. and i doubt most people are going to be using 200+ apps anyway. looks to me like the 16gb s4 would have 0 impact on google's profitability...

lamenting the availability of the 32gb s4 is fair and reasonable. characterizing it as a hit to google's profit or the app maker's profit is a bit of a stretch though.

but keep up the good fight! for those of you who need the 32gb, at least you may be able to take a sliver of credit for pushing them to release it when it becomes available. however, i stand by my expectation that verizon will probably hold the 32gb version until closer to the next iphone announcement or the actual release. i have no insider info, just a guess...