View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #106 (permalink)
KOLIO
AF Contributor

Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX/G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | SAMSUNG GEAR FIT | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 1,534 Times in 1,148 Posts
Default HTC ONE/SENSE 5 - BLINKFEED Auto Rotate

WOW, that's crazy that it's available w/the HD MEDIA LINK & not w/normal use. I think I'm going to drop by an AT&T store to see if the HTC FIRST is like this as well. Reason being,outside of the FACEBOOK integration,which can be totally disabled, the phone is supposed to closely resemble stock ANDROID, & I suspect it has auto-rotate w/the desktop.

If it has auto-rotate, I'll be making an inquiry as to why this is not on the ONE, especially when the capability is present w/the HD MEDIA LINK.

If we were discussing an obscure setting that rarely gets seen/used after initial phone set-up, that's one thing. However, this is front & center w/the U/I & gimping the screen orientation, for any reason, is pointless, especially if done just to distinguish the U/I from the competition.

I'm currently using a meld of BLINKFEED & HOLO LAUNCHER HD as my U/I, w/shortcuts integrated for smooth transition from one to the other. I'd probably forgo HOLO LAUNCHER HD if auto-rotate was integrated w/SENSE 5-BLINKFEED.