View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:40 AM   #69 (permalink)
ScandaLeX
Wasn't Me

Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister6 View Post
The two at the bottom are definitely 6200 mAh. Regarding Mugen, I'm sorry to say but its way too overpriced for $105 when you can get the same battery for under $20 from Anker (although they are discontinuing it) or Hyperion or some others. Mugen battery cover is nicer with a kickstand, and I heard that now they are finally offering that free bonus leather case, but still - they are no longer the only player in town and have to align their pricing to be competitive. Anker built such a stellar reputation with their batteries, they already released double capacity one for S4 w/NFC for $17.99 and 18-month warranty, while Mugen is nowhere to be found probably still scratching their head.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn this into Mugen bashing lol!!!
I definitely didn't take this as Mugen bashing. They were one of the first out the gate making a name for themselves in the extended battery arena thus commanding a higher price; but that ship has sailed when you can get the same thing for a fraction of their price.
In that regard, Monster comes to mind--you're paying more for the name than anything else.

Thanks for the strip of foam tape tip!!!