Thread: Accessory Galaxy S4 Cases and covers!
View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #155 (permalink)
Edonidd

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

I can't find a case that I like at all. I see so many nice looking cases for iPhones and wonder why nobody makes them for Android, or at least a huge selling flagship like the s3 and now s4. Then I look at all the drop tests, and the one area that you basically don't need to worry about on a S4 is the back. Nothing breaks if the phone lands on its back, the worst that happens is you have to spend $2.50 for a sticker or a skin, or $5 for a new back plate if you care how scratched up the back of your phone is. But all of the protective cases seem to add 7-8 feet (maybe a slight exageration) of thickness to the phone, mostly in order to protect the back it seems.

Why can't somebody out there make an S4 case that combines the good looks of like an ElementCase or Edge Designs case for the iphone, and add some rubber or silicone to just the corners and front to give the phone some protection from getting dropped on its face or corners. It really seems like an easy case to make, would give pretty excellant drop protection, would look better than 99.9% of the protective cases out there currently, and wouldn't add so much bulk that it feels akward to carry in your pocket.