Thread: General Galaxy S4 Google Edition
View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
jhawkkw

Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanked 5,851 Times in 3,305 Posts
jhawkkw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzB View Post
how did verizon alienate the galaxy nexus users? i have a galaxy nexus and doesn't seem vzw has limited the update-ability or functionality of my phone.
When Google releases a Software update, the GSM versions get it immediately. The Verizon and Sprint versions do not. The Verizon version never received versions 4.1.2, 4.2, or 4.2.1. The Sprint version still is on 4.2.1 and hasn't received 4.2.2. Plus there's the whole Google Wallet fiasco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trparky View Post
Unless Verizon loosens their iron grip on the devices on their network and let's Google have control over the device, I don't see that happening.

Like I said before in a prior post, Verizon is acting particularly douchebaggy as of late. They are acting like the Emperor and Darth Vader with their Force Grip.
They'll have to once VoLTE goes into effect due to the Block C provisions in place on the 700MHz spectrum they purchased to run their LTE network. Provisions state they have to allow any device compatible with the frequency onto their network (Assuming they pay their bill). The reason this hasn't happened yet is because phones still need the CDMA network for voice and text, and thus can be restricted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushmore View Post
Still ain't no 32gb model. Just sayin'.
True, but the stock android will yield a little more storage space with all the carrier and touchwiz bloat removed. 16GB Nexus 4 comes with about 13GB of open space instead of 9GB on the Touchwiz GS4

Current Devices: Nexus 5, HP 14 Chromebook (Data Enabled), Google Glass, (2013) LTE Nexus 7, Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Retired: Samsung Fascinate, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus, (2012) WiFi Nexus 7, Asus TF700, Nexus 4
Last edited by jhawkkw; May 15th, 2013 at 01:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jhawkkw For This Useful Post:
Wolfedude88 (May 15th, 2013)