View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
jerk_store
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default New to Android: a few basic questions

Long time Iphone user switching to Android. I've starting tweaking my phone which is as follows:

1.) Model Number ? Galaxy S4
2.) Firmware Version ? 4.2.2
3.) Baseband Version ? l337UCUAMDL
4.) Kernel Version ? 3.4.0-453947
5.) Build Number ? JDQ39.l337UCUAMDL

Here are some questions which I feel like should be obvious but I can't find answers to using internet searches:

1. In this revision of the OS where do I turn on auto correct for text? I read that it was under the Language and Input settings but the closest I've come is the menu that lets me toggle auto capitalization/spacing/punctuation.

2. I would like to be able to go straight to my text messages from the lock screen. I was able to accomplish this with SMS Popup or GO SMS Pro however, when it comes from a group text the popup sends me to a 1 on 1 text with that person rather than to the group text it came from. Is that a limitation of the software or just a setting that I'm missing?

3. Can anyone recommend a solid E-Mail app? The default app seems really slow to check email(I use two email accounts, gmail and work). I tried K-9 and it seemed alright but was wondering if there was anything better?

Thanks for all the help.
Last edited by dustwun77; May 15th, 2013 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Add Support prefix
The Following User Says Thank You to jerk_store For This Useful Post:
dustwun77 (May 15th, 2013)