View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #327 (permalink)
KOLIO
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE/AT&T

Thanked 1,941 Times in 1,425 Posts
Default HTC ONE POETIC BORDERLINE Bumper Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
I'm expecting delivery of the POETIC BORDERLINE Bumper Case tomorrow:

Amazon.com: Poetic Borderline Bumper Case for HTC One M7 Black/Gray(Update Version) (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Cell Phones & Accessories

I'm sure it'll be a nice case,however,it's hard for me to imagine that the quality will match this BoxWave Bumper/Shell Case.

I'll be back here tomorrow to eat my words.
Back w/the POETIC Bumper Case,just like the one reviewed here @ PHANDROID:

Review: HTC One Poetic Borderline bumper case

I'm in disagreement w/Chris on the opinion that it's somewhat sub-par in build quality.I have no issues w/that @ all,however,this is the earlier version which was not properly provisioned for the power button I/R BLASTER functions.

I ordered it anyway,knowing this ahead of time,to determine if simply cutting out the area covering the power button/IR BLASTER would alleviate this issue.

YES: I was able to remove the material covering the IR BLASTER;no problem,accomplished this quite easily & cleanly w/an X-ACTO knife,which enabled this to work.

&

NO-ish: The power button is still quite difficult to depress,unless one happens to sport long fingernails.

All other cutouts for USB Port/3.5mm audio out/mics are spot-on,volume rocker is covered & works well,better than stock w/o a case.

This case does not have a back shell,it is merely a bumper guard.
The fit is nice & paired up w/a body skin should provide enough protection for those instances when minimal protection is required.

I'd recommend it,but,STRONGLY suggest waiting for the updated/latest version,which should address the Power Button/IR BLASTER issues.However,even this can be overcome w/a proximity sensor app in the GOOGLE PLAY STORE & material removal described above.

AFAIK,an updated version of this case is still not available for order direct from POETIC:

HTC One M7
The Following User Says Thank You to KOLIO For This Useful Post:
Samcanadian (May 21st, 2013)