Thread: General Galaxy S4 Google Edition
View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #50 (permalink)
sean76
On Probation

Device(s): one M8, nexus 5, iphone 5s
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
Great idea but like Google Glasses totally out of their minds price wise, only a small number of people will buy it.

I have the iPhone 5 and would love a vanilla Android device, especially not waiting for AT&T to release their updates, but no way would I spend that much.

Why is it that AT&T and VZ take so damn long to release the Android updates, kind of not fair to users if you ask me, one reason I have not switched
The price is not nuts at all! You have to look around and see what retail phones really cost. How can Google sell the S4 at a cheaper price then at&t or Tmobile do off contract and retail? It's just not possible to discount a phone like the S4.

I said it from day one that as soon as I found out the pricing for the N4 that people are going to always be expecting Google to sell future phones and nexus devices at the same price point. How can they out source the phones and have them built by another manufacturer and offer better hardware, better internals, better cameras, etc! Losing money is not the name of the game for these companies. Granted the S4 is no world beater when were talking about hardware, but in actuality it is a sick phone when your talking specs and performance and what not.

Unless Google really gets they're act together and makes sense to everyone as to why they really bought Motorola and they release a built from the ground up nexus device directly from them, I'd say get used to the higher price point for phones directly from them running stock android.
Last edited by sean76; May 18th, 2013 at 10:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sean76 For This Useful Post:
KidFlash (May 20th, 2013)