Thread: Support Audio enhancer crashes.
View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
ironman187
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S3, Evo 4G rooted using as Wifi homephone/GPS.
Carrier: Sadly, Sprint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroSporker View Post
Before you turn to a factory reset, since you are balking at the idea, it seems there are still alot of variables you could consider.

Have you uninstalled or disabled ANY stock software that comes on the phone? Sometimes applications have been tied together, and inhibiting one that seems unrelated can have negative results on other applications. For example 'Car' or 'Soundhound' or 'Tune In' all have ties into the music application and eachother. There could be other programs with ties in that are much less obvious than music related.

If you have any kind of task manager/power managers installed it could be halting the audio enhancer without your knowledge.
In your photo Power Saver was on, maybe it halted the Music Enhancer to conserve CPU cycles?

Music also has a settings for automatically updating Album art, Artist Photos, and Lyrics. If the phone is trying to update these in the background and it cannot connect or is running into issues I could easily see it crashing
That seems to have been the issue. I have a bunch of "unknown artists" and "unknown songs" in my playlist, it was probably trying to update those in the background. I didn't even think of that. Thanks for the suggestion, hopefully this fixes the issue for good.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ironman187 For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (May 18th, 2013), PyroSporker (May 19th, 2013), scary alien (May 20th, 2013), SolApathy (May 18th, 2013)