Thread: Support NFC/Android beam discussion
View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #32 (permalink)
bbaker901

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylecummins View Post
Question about NFC Tags

If I place one in my car that enables Bluetooth, do I have to actually touch my phone to the tag to enable Bluetooth. What about when I leave my car.. does Bluetooth automatically turn off?

I recently got an 09 Pontiac g5 and wanted to run everything through my HTC One but it doesn't Bluetooth the audio .. just the calls. So I think I'll buy a 32gb iPod touch for my music (since it has an iPod usb connection that allows steering wheel controls to switch songs) and then I'd just like to setup my HTC to go to Bluetooth when I jump in and disable when I get out..

Wondering what my best options are ...
I actually have a 07 Nissan Altima and use the AUX jack to use this for my bluetooth connection:

GOgroove SMARTmini AUX Bluetooth Car Kit

It works very well, but the only thing is that you have to cut it on everytime you get in the car. But it streams music and phone calls well. So, whenever I get into my car, I tap my phone on the NFC tag(cut on bluetooth, cut off wifi, cut on sound) and push the button on the Gogroove and we're good to go.

Also, you can set the NFC tag to toggle to cut on and off everytime you touch it. I personally just have it cut on everytime I touch it. But the GoGroove cuts off when it doesn't detect a bluetooth connection, so you don't have to worry about that. Hope this helps.