View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:26 AM   #283 (permalink)
Samcanadian

Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Rogers

Are you sure you're typing in English? Like, if the phone is set to a different language it will automatically try to use the words you've typed to a word that the language setting understands. I had mine on French once and couldn't figure out why it was making different words with the letters I was pressing.

To check, do this:

-Swipe down from the top of the screen for status bar
-Click the gear on the top right corner for settings
-Scroll down to Language and Keyboard (select)
-Look at what System Language you are using. It should say "English (United States) or whatever language you prefer.

Try this first before getting too frustrated. I couldn't figure out why it did that for mine either, but I must have changed the setting at some point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichg1000 View Post
One thing i miss... On my HTC Evo 3D the phone would vibrate when a call connected so you know when to put the phone up to you ear. This phone does not.
Really? Mine does this

Quote:
Originally Posted by erichg1000 View Post
Anyway, first out of the gate, i can't just press hard button menu>settings to jump to settings real quick. so annyoing. i have to swipe over to apps, scroll down to settings, to enter settings.

The top swipe down tray is basically useless. Most android users are offered a wealth of options in the swipe down tray. really pissed about that.
...your top swipe down tray holds the settings button on the top right corner in the shape of a little Gear. Arguably quicker than the "Home Screen Click -> Settings" path you used to take.
Last edited by marctronixx; May 23rd, 2013 at 12:55 PM.