View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2013, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
cybertec69

Device(s): Verizon S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenic View Post
I did my fair share of troubleshooting and googling before I made this thread, so I would really appreciate some help. I also have experience rooting a droid bionic successfully so I am not brand new to the rooting scene.

I found a general root guide for the galaxy s4 and followed it. It involved getting developer mode, enabling usb debugging, and using motochopper. I did exactly as instructed and I now have superuser but superuser makes me update it but then says it fails to update. I installed root checker and it says I do not have root, and my other root apps dont work.

After googling I found that for verizon I need to use a different guide which involves Odin, flashing, and download mode. I had many problems here. I absolutely can not get into download mode. I pressed volume up and down with the power button and that booted into safe mode... but I could only get it to do that once. now it wont boot into anything. I saw a guide of 4 different ways to get into download mode but none of them worked. I tried the volume up + power + menu, volume up and down plus power, etc. I never get prompted to do anything, it simply boots normally.

I am highly confused and I do not know what I am doing wrong. I just got this phone yesterday because I had it preordered on verizon. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I would suggest before rooting a perfectly working $650 smartphone, to do a test run, to make sure the device is working properly, before trying to mod, just in case you have to exchange it, heck wait those 15 days they give you, and just give it a nice test run.