Thread: General Rumors
View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
drexappeal

Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,815 Times in 1,900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrrdrive View Post
Yeah it looks like Samsung is becoming the apple of the android world. I know several people with s3's and s4's and a few with note2's and none complain. I don't know any that root their phones but that should only make it better. The one thing that is really turning me is the beautiful screen on the notes. I'm a big guy and I don't think I'll have any problem handling a big phone. I don't know why people that have a problem with the form factor don't just invest in a good blue tooth headset anyway.

I'm looking forward to these phones when they come out. HTC has been good to me but I'm ready for something different. I don't think there's anything on the market but Samsung that I would bother with.
I'm not a big guy (5'6) and my hands are average size for my height, but the Note 2 is just at the border in comfort level for me. Had the Note 2 been wider than the Note 1, I might not have gotten the phone. The form factor on the Note 2 was what swayed me the most, to give it a shot. I have to say for sure that this would be my limit. The Note 3 is only a consideration, if they somehow squeeze that 6 inch screen into the current (or smaller) physical form. I wouldn't even mind slightly additional height, as long as the width is the same. I have a lot of great bluetooth accessories, but it's not enough for me to feel comfortable holding my phone (I text and email more than I make actual calls).

LG has made a really strong comeback. Many people were singing the same tune about LG, as they used to about Samsung. With the popularity of the Optimus G and the Nexus 4, they might be on a swing similar to Samsung after the S2 popularity.