View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Default Review of Anker 3.6A 2-port Car Charger (with a coil cable) w/pics!!!

This is a review of newly updated Anker 3.6A 2-port USB car charger with a built in coil cable: Amazon.com: AnkerŪ 18W / 3.6A Car Charger with Built-in Micro USB Cord for Android - The First and Only Adapter to Deliver Simultaneous, Full-Speed Charges to iPads and Smartphones: Electronics

Anker is on a roll with a refresh of their dual port car and wall chargers, all supporting 3.6A of simultaneous charging at full speed and with a new slim lightweight design. If this car charger looks familiar to you, I have reviewed a similar versions not to long ago. This one is almost identical with it's lightweight 30g and dimension of approximately 75mm x 26mm x 24mm. It offers simultaneous charging of two devices at full speed. Each port works great with Note 2 to get a full 2A charger from either one, even so one is labeled for Android and the other one for Apple (full 2.1A for iPad while you can still charge Android phone at 1.5A from another port at the same time). It's very compact and unobtrusive, no worries about taking too much room in your car.

What makes this charger different is high quality coil cable which is permanently attached to one of the ports (designated for Android) providing ready to use micro-usb connector. So many times I read complains from people saying they got high speed charger but can't charge it fast enough, only to discover later they are using thin usb cables that are not capable of handling 2A of current. This one has no issues delivering charge at full speed just like OEM 2A wall charger/cable from Samsung. So if you think about it, for $11.99 you are getting a dual port 3.6A dual car charger AND a high speed charging cable. Plus, I'm personally a big fan of coiled cables for car use since those look neater.

Overall, I would actually recommend this one as a must have for your car. Solid built quality, lightweight and slim, buil-in high quality fast charging cable with a secure attachment (don't have to worry about it coming off from the charger), and Anker's 18-month warranty they really stand behind - a great value for $11.99.

Here are the pictures:

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~