View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #223 (permalink)
KOLIO
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle

Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | LG G WATCH | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tlicious1020 View Post
I work in an old military building that was an alert facility during the Cold War era. This building has pretty thick walls and some made out of concrete.Sine I was on Sprint my EVO 3D would jump back and forth between Sprint/Verizon due to the location of my office. This strains the battery a bit. However, my HTC One doesnt jump between the networks as often and I prefer it that way. Is it possible that HTC added this type of feature to the phone in some way? Basically, the phone does not search as often for a network signal or quits attempting after so many attempts. When I go outside all of my test messages start to come in and this doesn't bother me one bit because the phones battery does well inside of my building despite virtually nill coverage.
This scenario was exactly what I was experiencing @ work on my S3 & was the main reason I switched to T-MOBILE. It's good to hear that this 'smart search' prevents battery drain. Perhaps I might have stayed w/SPRINT another 2yrs had I known the ONE would behave in this manner.