Thread: Accessory Galaxy S4 Cases and covers!
View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #219 (permalink)
RoadRunnerSS

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmn View Post
I'm using this case. I work in a severe environment so I need all the protection I can get plus I like the belt clip. I read the issue about the screen protector but I haven't noticed any problem at all. The power button is hard to press, but I use the home button to turn the screen on and use a "Screen Off" widget to turn it off. So the only time I press the power button is to turn the phone completely off or on. Plus the belt clip can act as a kickstand (I do a lot of reading using the Kindle app).

Overall, I like the case as it gives good protection. It is bulky and turns the sleek GS4 into something a little thicker and boxier.
But solid protection comes at a price. There are plenty of sleeker cases out there but if you are looking for durability and protection, then the Defender is a good option.
I just ordered the Otterbox Defender a few hours ago. Like you, I work out in the field in extreme conditions and I need my phone to be protected. I also have the Platinum case which is great because it keeps the slim feel of the S4 and I also have the Spigen Neo Hybrid which is very nice, but it makes the phone feel way to wide. Since I got the Otterbox I will be returning the Platinum case.