Thread: General Rumors
View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #36 (permalink)
Sandroidfan

Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
If they use the Snapdragon in Korea, I can't see why they would go with their own exynos in the US. That would be backwards for past patterns. Interesting enough, many speculated that the Note 2 would have the same Snapdragon as the us s3, but that didn't end up being the case.

Glad I still love the Note 2, so I'm not antsy about waiting another 5-6 months until the Note 3 is released officially.
In order for US versions to get Exynos processor, two conditions should be met in my view.

The first is compatibility with qualcomm LTE radio. This has been the main reason why US GS3 didn't get Exynos as Samsung didn't resolve that issue by early summer last year. But fortunately they got that solved before releasing Note 2 last year. LTE compatibility is no longer issue for Exynos.

The second is volume production of Exynos for enough supply to each market. Although Note line is most successful phablet, it's still smaller volume than GS series phones. So Note 2 US versions could come with it unlike GS3 US versions.

The reason why GS4 US versions didn't get Exynos Octa is the production issue with Exynos octa according to Samsung. As for Note 3, it's not clear yet. But we should expect snapdragon 800 at least, which is not bad at all.
Last edited by Sandroidfan; May 29th, 2013 at 12:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandroidfan For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (June 1st, 2013)