View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
DanDroide

Location: Fort Lauderdale Florida / Originally Cleveland Ohio

Device(s): I love...love...love my S4!
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDroide View Post
I modified a universal dock (that attaches to my air vent) and it works fantastic. I will take pictures and post it tomorrow.

Basically, I use the Otterbox belt clip holder to attach to my modified dock. I flip the phone to face outward. And it looks nice and works very easy.

The ports are not blocked either.
Here are my photos (with my Otterbox Defender case/belt clip) that is attached to my modified dock that I have mounted on my Corvette vent:

I took a universal dock, cut off the lower legs that stuck out. I unscrewed the back, than took off the two side squeezing arms. Than, I took an old (firm) belt that I don't wear anymore, cut it shorter (5" or 6" long), drilled a couple holes in the belt and the back of the dock...added small nuts and bolts thru the belt and the back of the dock. Screwed it all back together and Shazam!

BTW, I cut off the lower flap of my Otterbox Defender case, the one that covered the charging port. I found it a pain every time I went to charge it or hook it up to my PC. Much better now, I my opinion.
Last edited by DanDroide; May 29th, 2013 at 03:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DanDroide For This Useful Post:
shmn (May 29th, 2013)