View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
aachterhof
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
What area are you in? I have some experience with being connected to 4G but not being able to use anything on the network at certain times because 4G is not officially launched here and it is still in the test phase. Also there are tower overloads that happen because backhaul is not installed yet. Try to switch your phone to CDMA only to see if you are getting the same errors on 3G as you are on 4G.
I am in Dallas, one of the first Sprint 4G markets. I switched to CDMA and get the same errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikclown View Post
Also keep track of what areas you are having the problem. If you want to get real techy, open your Dialer and enter ##DEBUG# and then go to the LTE Engineering screen. Here you will see the site ID (Tower ID) that you are connected and the signal strength. You can just write down the site IDs and maybe a pattern will emerge of sites that are having issues at certain times during the day.
And this will do what for me? Show me where and when I can view a video or listen to music? Unacceptable. Thanks for the suggestions though. I'm still going to do a factory reset whenever I have a free evening. I will get back with everybody with results.