View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #44 (permalink)
jvillejoe

Device(s): Moto X(Kit Kat 4.4.2),HTC HD2(4.2.2),Acer A500(CM10.1),Raspberry Pi(OpenELEC)
Carrier: Republic Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi0187 View Post
I just wanted to throw a big thanks out there for your simplification on this. Don't get me wrong, I understand the original, but for people I've noticed having issues on here, this is a way for even the least experienced users to grasp. I hope you don't mind if I add to yours though as the original site had a conflicting issue.

Download and run the apk on your phone with the usb disconnected. While the apk is running, (It will say on a white screen "Hello world") meaning do not exit out from the "hello world" screen!! hold down your power button and choose restart your phone and after your phone reboots, plug in usb and choose charge only and then type the commands listed above into terminal and once rebooted, you're rooted!!

Also a note!~ Ubuntu doesn't need to mount or recognize this device in your home folders as it did not mine. Just follow the steps and the terminal will see it and do it's thing.

Sorry for not responding, I've been busy with college. I'm glad you got this whole thing sorted out.

Old devices : Samsung Vibrant(sold),Moto Triumph(Returned), Nook color(sold)LG Esteem(Gave away),Htc Evo V 4G(Returned)LG Motion (sold)