View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2013, 04:21 AM   #25 (permalink)
Robertchris

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default HTC One or Samsung Galaxy S4? Which one to buy?

Hello Everyone,

I want your opinion an honest one. My iphone 4s was stolen about 6 months ago and my BB is crapping out on me, speaker not working, screen has black dots all over it. Now I plan to buy a new phone unlocked here in Thailand.

The choices lie in HTC One or Samsung galaxy S4 (Octa-core model Exynos 5). I love the design of the HTC one, but I plan to buy thing phone and want to make sure it lasts me 2 years or so. I had a chance to play around with S4 in the shop it was stuttering quite a bit, that can be fixed with rooting and custom rom and also latest update seems to have fixed that lag issue according to the forums.

I had only 1 galaxy phone before and it was a Galaxy S I had signal issues with it the only way they could fix it in O2 was to downgrade the firmware which sucked since I lost many functions.
Anyway when I look at Super Amoled HD screen on S4, I liked it, colors pop out, however I know that those colors are not real, most are over saturated or have a blueish tint to it.

What are your experiences with both of these phone? I have not seen HTC one (only dummy phone) not a single shop here in Thailand has any in stock or they wont agree to pop box open for you to play around with. I held the dummy phone felt really good in the hand.

P>S The only S4 in TH is 16GB version heard its got aroun 9GB left which is not much considering a lot of apps cant be moved to SD. Can you recommend me which one to get or list any pros and cons you found with a phone. Battery life is important for me although I do have external 8400 mah battery with me just in case. And how about to buy phone accessories from Everbuying.com or other online shopping website something?

Thank you.
Last edited by Robertchris; June 4th, 2013 at 04:25 AM.