View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Kelmar
Done by choice

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 4,783 Times in 2,658 Posts

Like I said, I'm cool with prefixes to indicate which model they have so that way EVERYONE can help.

There are the physical differences like cores, processing power and FM tuners. Also the obvious differences such as CDMA vs GSM and their respective radios and which networks they can "travel" on.

Other software differences can vary from APN settings (see my thread that WITHOUT prefixes could be very problematic if an international user tried and removed their APN without testing it first) which is a non root change. Changing settings through dialers (*#*#4363, etc). As well as carrier related differences (Verizon as an example removed the Wi-Fi toggle and blocking mode).

Or if someone is trying to use Odin ir Kies to update and something goes odd. Trying to update a T-mobile phone in the US would brick a phone if we thought it was international (or vice versa).

IMO, prefixes is the easiest solution... so that ALL of us can assist. My personal second choice is separate forums (but that was the original question of the thread).

A change IS needed, in some way, shape or form to help curb this issue before we do a major fubar.
Last edited by Kelmar; June 4th, 2013 at 05:46 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelmar For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (June 5th, 2013), treb1797 (June 21st, 2013), XplosiV (June 18th, 2013)