View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #137 (permalink)
sikclown

Device(s): HTC One M8, HTC One, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Nexus 7.2, HP Touchpad, iPad Air
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoyalServant View Post
I don't know why the AT&T variant would be different but anything under -110 tends to be very good. Obviously -70 is best but...
At -120 the AT&T variants jump onto HSPA apparently like the Sprint variant does.
I was able to get mine down to -118 and I was still pulling 10 megabits a second down and 5 up with ~60ms latency.

To me that's acceptable... but I have seen people on blogs and forums apply some kind of crazy logic to signal levels... and the fact that Android still has some lingering issues displaying that correctly to a user.
Also note that some apps on the market don't read the LTE signal levels correctly on the HTC One.
They will always display -85 RSRP forever....

In reality unless there is some other issue such as interference a -120 should also get a speedtest done.
It won't be fast but you should not have an issue.
LTE is good to -120 in real world, -140 or so in a lab.
Sprint LTE (in my experience) is wholly unusable at that -120 level and degrades rapidly around -110. Penetration on Sprint LTE is not nearly as good so unless you are far away with line of site of the tower (i.e. no building or obstructions) , those levels will make data awful.