View Single Post
Old June 5th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2k5 View Post
Solid review man. How long have you had the S4 for use?

I was excited about the S4 just like you are now about 1-2 weeks ago but now that novelty has worn off and my Verizon S4 has many issues:

-TouchWiz lag
-Camera scratching (because it is a hump)
-Mushy power button with lower tactile response
-The eye scrolling and air gestures are hit and miss (turned off)
-Stock keyboard is very small and prone to mistakes when typing
-Stock keyboard does not have autocorrect

I thought the Note 2 felt better because it was a little heavier. The heft made it feel better to type on and hold during use for me.

Screen on the S4 is far better than Note 2 obviously and the build quality of the S4 is better.
Solution to a lot of your problems could be easily resolved!!!

- Switch to Nova Launcher Prime - a lot more customization, and it made my Note 2 fly!!!

- Camera scratching - invest into a good case. Case for S4 is a MUST!!! Look into a link in my signature, I have a TON of reviews of different cases, with a separate section for S4 cases. Case will also resolve your button problem. Highly recommend UAG cases - those are bullet proof!

- Eye scrolling and gestures, yes - it could be hit or miss. I'm sure the next firmware upgrade will make it more robust.

- DO NOT use stock keyboard. Get SwiftKey - the ONLY keyboard you will ever need that's fully customizable, has the BEST auto-correct and has the most robust swype.

Follow these steps and you will rediscover your S4 all over again and will not put it down

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~