I bought the iBolt xProDock
from Amazon and received it yesterday. It works ok and will hold the s4 securely in place with the defender case on the phone. Overall I think it's a good dock with a few quirks but does work well.
- Works with Otterbox Defender
- Holds the phone securely in place
- Comes with extra long USB/Mini plug cable that is in two parts. Long USB/mini plug, and short adapter extension cable
- Cable is removable
- Cable (or short connector) puts phone in to dock mode on phone
- Extra long cable allows for routing cable through car and out of site
- Clip covers volume controls. Not an issue if you control volume through bluetooth
- Cable connection to the phone is very stiff and puts strain on phone connector
Overall I like the dock and it is filling a need for me. I'm on the lookout for a Samsung car charger that will put the phone in dock mode so that I can remove the small adapter cable from the equation.
Let me know if you have questions. If there is enough interest, I can do a small review and include pictures...